Best skillets and frying pans
We have discussed on electric skillets briefly right after the ’11 best electric skillet reviews in 2018′ section.
The 11 best electric skillet reviews in 2018
Here, we have listed the 11 best electric skillets that you should buy. These electric skillets are easy to use and handy. Let’s have a look at them.
1. Presto 06857 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet, Black
- The heavy cast aluminum base features a deluxe nonstick surface, inside and out. skillet pan and cover are dishwasher safe with the heat control removed.
- Built-in spout for pouring liquids from skillet doubles as a spoon and spatula holder when cooking and serving.
- Fold down handles to detach skillet pan from the base. with handles folded in, the base and handles store in skillet for compact storage.
Click here to read the full review on Presto 06857 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet, Black
2. Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
- Nonstick cooking surface
- Adjustable heat
- Cool-touch handles
- Dishwasher safe glass lid
- Dishwasher safe
- o 16.3in wide (including handles and probe), 14.2in (without probe) or 11.2in (without handles or probe)
3. BELLA 12 x 12-inch Electric Skillet with Copper Titanium Coating, 1200 Watts 14607
- Special Ceramic Copper Titanium coating is 8 times more durable and cooks up to 30% faster than standard non-stick coatings
- An ultra-durable coating is heat resistant up to 850 degrees and metal utensil safe
- Healthy-Eco coating does not contain harmful chemicals & is PTFE and PFOA free
- All types of foods release from the non-stick surface with ease making this a true non-stick surface
- Skillet is fully immersible in water for quick and easy cleaning. A tempered glass lid is dishwasher safe
4. Elite Platinum EG-6203 Deep Dish 8Qt. Jumbo 16” x 13” x 3.25” Non-stick Electric Skillet w/Glass Lid and Easy-Pour Spout, Black
- SIMPLIFY MEAL TIME with our deep 8-quart Electric Skillet. Enjoy fluffy pancakes, gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and flavorful stir-fried veggies.
- LOCK IN FLAVORS and moisture with the clear, tempered glass lid. Large 16” x 13” x 3.25” profile lets you fry chicken for the whole family, and an integrated easy-pour spout lets you drain off excess juices.
- FASTER, EVEN HEATING from our fully-embedded M-shaped heating element. With its trigger-release control probe, you can pinpoint temperatures of 200-400°F degrees and prevent hot spots and scorched food.
- FULLY IMMERSIBLE in your sink for fast, easy clean-up upon removal of the temperature control unit. Thick cast aluminum body with black lacquer finish resists rusting or warping for added resilience.
- UL LISTED 1500 watt large electric skillet is ideal for home kitchen use. Tall spatter-deterrent sides and cool-touch knobs and handles make this cooking essential a thoughtful housewarming or wedding gift.
5. Hamilton Beach Deep Dish Durathon Ceramic Skillet
- 12″ x 15″ cooking surface
- Duration ceramic nonstick coating
- 4 times more durable than traditional nonstick. Won’t crack or peel
- The ceramic nonstick cooking surface is:- 4 times more durable than traditional nonstick- won’t crack or peel- PTFE & PFOA free
- 3″ deep to fit a variety of recipes
6. Black & Decker SK1215BC Family-Sized Electric Skillet, Black
- 12″ x 15″ x 2″ deep cooking surface, great for family cooking or entertaining buffet style
- Quick-release variable temperature probe releases quickly for serving and cleaning
- Non-stick coated surface
- Easy to use dial control can be turned low for a keep warm setting
- Tempered glass lid allows you to view cooking progress
7. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
- The embedded heating element guarantees the most efficient and even cooking in the shortest time
- Non-stick surface, External dimensions (l x w x h inches):19.29 x 11.81 x 8.47
- Adjustable steam vent holes for an easy steam evaporation, Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz):110-120 V
- Easy-to-clean with dishwasher-safe lid and non-stick skillet base; Simply place in the dishwasher for fast and convenient cleaning
- Die Cast Aluminum body, Input power (W):1500
8. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Electric Skillet, 12 Inch, Square, Black/Silver (CKSTSKFM12-TECO)
- Versatile electric skillet ideal for preparing a wide range of foods
- Titanium-infused DuraCeramic coating cooks up to 30% faster and lasts 8x longer than ordinary nonstick surfaces
- Temperature knob and handles stay cool to the touch
- Includes tempered glass lid with the steam vent that helps prevent moisture accumulation
- Measures 12 by 16 inches [K11]to provide an expansive cooking surface
9. Aroma Housewares ASP-137 3-Quart/10-inch 3-in-1 Super Pot with Grill Plate, White/Black
- Large, 10″ grill
- Deep, large capacity 3-quart pot
- Produces great grilled flavor in any weather
- Raised grill surface allows fat to drip away as food cooks
- Great for grilling, slow cooking, steaming, simmering and serving
- Easy-to-clean, dishwasher safe nonelectric parts
10. Nesco ES-12 Extra Deep Electric Skillet, 12-Inch, Black
- Die-cast 4″ deep skillet; 12″x12″ cooking surface
- Easy to read adjustable temperature control
- Premium non-stick interior for easy cleaning
- Durable glass lid with large handle
- Heat resistant stay cool handles
- Wash the skillet with a soft soapy dishcloth. Rinse well and dry. Do not immerse skillet in water or place in dishwasher. Only the lid is dishwasher safe.
11. Cuisinart CSK-150 1500-Watt Nonstick Oval Electric Skillet
- 1500-watt electric skillet provides 12- by 15-inch nonstick cooking surface
- Temperature control dial with indicator light adjusts from warm to 450 degrees F
- Glass cover includes stainless-steel rim and handle; side handles ensure safe transport
- Housed in brushed stainless steel; dishwasher safe; instruction/recipe book with 30 recipes
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards. BPA Free
An electric skillet also known as frying pan is a flat-bottomed pan used for the purpose of browning and searing foods. In recent times, frying pans have been given different names in various parts of the world. For instance, it is called Copper frying pans in Mesopotamia, tagenon in Greeks, and patella or sartago in Rome. In the 19th century, before the kitchen stoves were introduced, a Cast iron cooking pan that has a handle and three legs were used to stand in the coal and ashes of the fire. The widely known cooking pots and pans with flat bottoms were manufactured recently when the cooking stoves became accepted.
In the ancient periods, electric skillets were manufactured from cast irons though some are still relevant today importantly for outdoor cooking. Most of the electric skillets used today are now manufactured from stainless steels and aluminum. Other materials and methods used in manufacturing modern electric skillet or frying pans include Aluminum, Copper, Cast iron and so much more.
An electric skillet is made up of electric a heating element which makes it function independently of a cooking stove. An electric skillet is also made of heat insulated legs which act as a support when it stands on a countertop. This variety of frying pans has a common square or rectangle shape. The Electric skillet has an additional importance over the stovetop stoves because it functions as a heat regulator. The desired temperature is maintained with the detachable power cord which incorporates the thermostatic control.
Uses of Electric Skillets
Electric is used in many kitchens around the world as a result of the perfection of thermostatic control. The surface of the frying pan during cooking is usually coated with a layer of fats or oil with the exception of some foods like bacon which does not require any additional oil. In the use of Electric skillets, the layer of fats serves many functions like Lubricating the surface, increasing the contact between the pan and the food, increasing the food color and flavor and also act as a thermal mass to reduce the cooking time.
The depth at which the surface oil moves depends on the type of food being cooked. For instance, in frying battered fish, the inner pan surface will be covered by the oil but the case is different when frying pancakes where oil is a thin film that keeps the batter from sticking to the surface of the pan.
Care of the Frying Pan/Electric skillet
Seasons must be applied on the surface if electric skillets before and after use. Deep care should also be maintained when cleaning in order not to remove the seasoned coating. Electric skillets that are made up of copper are tinned typically to prevent toxic reactions between the food being cooked. The copper and it may also require frequent re-tinning. The exteriors are also polished by some chefs to prevent tarnish.
There you have it! All you need to know about electric skillet. Purchasing one can speed up your cooking process and eliminate your need for stovetop completely so that you can cook anywhere out of power source. Get an electric skillet today to have a better cooking experience in your home.